Australian Dust Control (ADC) was selected by Tropical Highlands Timbers in Western Highlands Province, PAPUA NEW GUINEA to design, supply & install a dust extraction system for their Hardwood Timber Mill.
Working closely with Tropical Highlands Timbers’ Management and after a site visit, Australian Dust Control was able to establish that a Cyclone Dust Collector Model C2300 with ductwork and a Variable Speed Drive (VSD) was the best solution.
Australian Dust Control designed the system and shipped the equipment over to Papua New Guinea. ADC’s experienced installers travelled over once the equipment had arrived and installed & commissioned the dust extraction system. It was a fantastic opportunity, which the Australian Dust Control Team enjoyed being apart of.
The design of this Cyclone Filter Unit uses centrifugal force to remove high volumes of dust. The cyclonic action causes the dust particles to settle at the base of the cyclone, then to be transported via a closed loop blower fan into the adjacent storage bin. This storage bin has clamshell doors so that waste can be discharged into a truck for disposal.
Key Features of the Cyclone System that was installed:
- Certified Australian Made – ensuring superior quality of all components.
- Robust galvanised steel panels and frame.
- Galvanised Ductwork
- Weatherproof therefore built to suit its external application.
- Complete turnkey installation provided.
- Low maintenance, which results in, streamlined production.
- Fan Size: 75 kW
- Airflow capacity: 42,000m3/hr – Allowing operation of all machines simultaneously
- Electrical Control Panel: Australian Made
- Variable Speed Drive installed. A Variable Speed Drive (VSD) suits the fan and is complete with pressure differential transducer to pre set suction levels. This is the “green” option, which results in a reduction in noise levels and power bills. It allows you to automatically set the suction levels on all machines. This adjusts the speed of the extraction fan according to the machines in operation. For example, if the fan is operating at 80% capacity, this translates to a reduction in power bills of 50%.
Australian Dust Control designs & manufactures a comprehensive range of energy efficient Cyclones which are suitable for all industries. Suitable industries other than Recycling include: Timber, Paper, Plastics, Metal, Food, Landscaping Suppliers and Mining.